Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Chika-an sa Cebu (SM Northwing)


My friends (Eva and Stella) and I went to SM after an unsuccessful walkathon-required effort at Becketts. They, being part of my wedding entourage, were supposed to fit their respective gowns. Unfortunately, when we reached there, the shop already closed. Not knowing what to do next, we headed for SM. When we arrived, I suggested that we eat dinner (at 5:30!). I know, at that time, it was quite early to have dinner but, I think, any person trying to adhere (but always fails) a no-food-after-six mantra can relate to it. Besides, restos are expected to be crowded around 6pm, especially on weekends.

Clueless as to where to dine, and all of us being indecisive, we decided to play “maraming-alis” just to designate a special someone; who will have the privilege of choosing the perfect resto. Stella, who ended up as the lucky special someone, chose Chika-an.

Chika-an serves Filipino foods. Filipino foods are generally delicious (biased me!). So it took us no longer than nanoseconds to agree.

We ordered:

Fried Katambak (Php 160)

Pancit Guisado (Php 110)

Shrimp Sinigang (Php 165)

2 bottomless Iced tea and 1 Regular Coke

Limitless Plain rice.

The verdict:

The ambience: the interior is quite bland. I must admit it looks boring because of the two-tone shades. Some fixtures or decorations would at least give us something to talk (other than our present conversation THEN) or (if not) gush about.

The price: Very affordable.

The service: was average. Our orders were served at the right time.

The food: I’m quite partial with Filipino foods, hehe..So, I would say OK. The servings (perhaps) are good for four persons. Consequently, our stomachs look bloated after the heavy meal.

I would consider going back there when other options prove useless. Meaning after deliberating on the so-called possible options, it will be considered but not a priority.

3 comments:

Whia said...

hey have you tried dining at La Maison? i must say you have to try their lamb... yum! :D

i am also a food enthusiast like you but i am not a good food critic and therefore not really an ideal food blog author.hehe.Like what my close friends said,my taste buds aren't highly developed.

looking forward to reading more about your dining escapades so i am putting you on my "followed blog" list. Hoping you'd follow mine too. see you around ;)

amor said...

thanks whia. I'm no good food critic, too. If you did notice the posts are dated more than a year ago. I did abandon this site for quite a long time now. But I'm hoping to post more in the future that's why I never bothered deleting this site.

Veiga said...

I am charmed with your blog -
I invite you to view my: http://www.devaneiosdevida.blogspot.com/In it you will know a l small country, very old but with good people, good food and beautiful landscapes: Portugal. I write and I speak a little English, Spanish, French, Italian and Portuguese-This one interesting for language learning, but you can make comments in English. Amor in portguese is Love
Greetings