Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lemon Grass - Ayala Ctr. Cebu


My first LG experience was not really worth-remembering. Not because of poor service or anything traumatic happened; simply because the food failed to give a lasting impression on me (read: not much a fan THEN of fusion-type cuisine). That was way back December 2006.

Thought I’ll never consider going back there until last Tuesday (4/22), Joy and I made it our choice for our girly-date.

We ordered:

Of course, their ‘specialty’ beverage, the Citrus & Herb Lemonade (Php 155). It is an amalgamation of lemon, cucumber and all sorts of citrus’ juice in a pitcher.

For our appetizer, we had Som Tam (Green Papaya Salad with Shrimps) (Php 90). It reminds me of ‘atsara’, only that Som Tam is drier and rawer.

For soup, we ordered Tom Yang Goong (Spicy baby Prawn & Lemon grass Soup) (Php 195). Baby prawns cooked in mild sour and spicy soup with galangal and Kaffir leaves.

For our main dish, we had Suon Nuong (Grilled Pork Spare Ribs) (Php 185). Charcoal-ribbed spare ribs seasoned with coriander roots and herbs.

The verdict:

Food: Intricately prepared. Just as I like, not overly spicy.

Ambience: the green-yellow motif interior is relaxing. J and I settled for the high chairs to let our feet hang free (just what we needed for our feet were aching from too-much walking). Actually, customers have a wide array of selection as to seating preferences.

Price: Fairly affordable.

Service: Foods were served on time. It was Tuesday evening so it was not surprising to know that most tables were vacant. The service crew were friendly and accommodating.

*It goes without saying that I would consider going back there to fill my craving for fusion inspired cuisine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lemon Grass is one of my favorite restaurant in Cebu.

I also love their spare ribs and citrus and herb drink.

For me I think the best Tom Yam Gong is in Krua Thai.